Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 2- June 6, 2010

Day 2-
Well, it has certainly been an adventure. We are now in Tucson Arizona. Okay, PHX yesterday 110. HOT! HOT! HOT!
On my way to Tucson I see this sign that says Beware, blowing dust area. I say to myself hum, it bad enough they have to put a sign up?? Then I see a car pulled over trying to tie back down this make shift tarp and suit case thing on their roof. I say, "self so glad you have our trusty hard-top carrier that Dean so nicely installed." Just then a convoy of army truck were passing, the kids waving and smiling. The last truck starts to pass and the driver is point up in the air, and I am like, "Hum, wonder why he is doing that." Simon says, "Mom, somethings wrong on the roof." Panic sets in!! I pull off to the side. (note: convoy does not pull off to help?) Sure enough one of the latches was completely torn out of the carrier and the top was flailing in the wind. Thank goodness, we lost nothing. I know that I was being watched over. We were a sight. Simon on the roof pulling it all a part. Ellie finding a place for everything in the van. Luke waiting calmly. Simon helped get this monster in the van, off we drove again. We managed to go see Dean's Uncle Donn and Aunt Margot. They live way out in Oro Valley. it was sweet to visit with them, realizing it has been way to long. They gave the kids a much needed snack. Well, were off to Tombstone this morning. i am also off to Sears to figure out the car top situation. We are meeting with the Earls this morning!! YEAH!!!!
Much Love, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment