Day three lands us in Tombstone, Arizona. It was so great to catch up with the Earls. Shauna's sister Katie was along for the ride with her sweet kiddos. It was an amazing day. We went to the Six Gun City Gunfight. It was interesting and kept the kids attention. The "real" history of Tombstone was really neat. We had no idea that it was a mining town. It was a real cowboy town. On this day it was very hot and dusty. Tourism was obviously low, at least for the Monday we were there. The gun show was exciting, then we walked around town and the stage coach driver gave us a bargain for three mom's and 12 children. (poor horses) He drove us all over town and told us of all the history, he was a hoot. This was a great stop and the kids really loved it. On our way to Tombstone we drove through St. David, AZ and Benson which was just beautiful. Your driving through the brown desert and then you turn into this little green valley with lots of trees. Nut trees, everywhere. Pecans mostly. Dean has a brother buried in St. David. After Tombstone we headed to New Mexico. On our way we met up with our first state line border crossing. It was the first time I would be asked to show proof of my citizenship. Which I did so proudly. We were very close to the Mexican border, these guards meant business. I asked if i could take a picture, "Ma'am, please move on." That meant no I guess. I moved on. Tonight we will stay in Deming, NM.Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Day 3- June 7, 2010
Day three lands us in Tombstone, Arizona. It was so great to catch up with the Earls. Shauna's sister Katie was along for the ride with her sweet kiddos. It was an amazing day. We went to the Six Gun City Gunfight. It was interesting and kept the kids attention. The "real" history of Tombstone was really neat. We had no idea that it was a mining town. It was a real cowboy town. On this day it was very hot and dusty. Tourism was obviously low, at least for the Monday we were there. The gun show was exciting, then we walked around town and the stage coach driver gave us a bargain for three mom's and 12 children. (poor horses) He drove us all over town and told us of all the history, he was a hoot. This was a great stop and the kids really loved it. On our way to Tombstone we drove through St. David, AZ and Benson which was just beautiful. Your driving through the brown desert and then you turn into this little green valley with lots of trees. Nut trees, everywhere. Pecans mostly. Dean has a brother buried in St. David. After Tombstone we headed to New Mexico. On our way we met up with our first state line border crossing. It was the first time I would be asked to show proof of my citizenship. Which I did so proudly. We were very close to the Mexican border, these guards meant business. I asked if i could take a picture, "Ma'am, please move on." That meant no I guess. I moved on. Tonight we will stay in Deming, NM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment