Monday, February 22, 2010

The world is Our Campus
































Saturday February 20th, 2010, was a great day in the Redrock Stake. We had planned this day for almost a year, and it was wonderful to see it come to life. Activity Days, Day Camp is an event we held last year and loved it so decided to make it an annual event. The Stake Primary (Karen Soderberg, Myself, Jodi king, Robin Dixon ,and Laurie Hepworth. We also now have on our board, Cari Pullan and Charlene Rath) may have planned this event but it really was our amazing teachers that made the camp. I was over four classes, Religion 101 (taught by, Rebecca Lither), Journalism 100 (taught by, Shauna Earl), P.E. (taught by Janet Howes and Lyndee Parker), and Fashion Merchandising (taught by, Emily Jonas). There were also three other classes: Laurie Hepworth did a sewing class, Tana Jorgensen did a mommy Olympic class, and Amy Ariola did a cooking class. It was a magical day, a long magical day! They girls really had fun. We had about 170 ish girls and about 20 of them were non-member girls. Primary is the most wonderful program we have in the church. (I think I say that about all the programs, though.) You take 170, eight to eleven year old girls, and give them worthy valiant women to teach them, and a little sugar, you have the making of a memorable event. I have really loved serving in the Stake Primary for 2 years as the Secretary and now as the 1st counselor, it is such an honor to serve with the women I do. They are all so amazing, and I have learned so much from them. I will always and forever count them as my dearest friends and sisters!!! Even though this has really been one of the busiest leadership callings I have ever had, it has been such a wonderful blessing in my family's life. As I laid my head down on Saturday night, I couldn't get Brother Cameron Earl out of my head. Bro. Earl is the High Councilman over Primary. Brother Earl stayed the entire day, and pitched in everywhere. He even learned the dance the girls were taught in P.E. Dean and I laughed so hard when I told him how well Brother Earl danced. Such great memories!!
Much Love, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment